Glebe 100 Questions and Answers
The committee is charging a nominal registration fee to cover the costs of hosting the weekend. From on-site security to lighting to tent rentals, material supplies and more, we have done our best to make a meaningful but inexpensive event for all Glebe alum. Any proceeds from the weekend will be provided to the School Council (historically known as parent council) to be used for scholarships for GCI students pursuing post-secondary education or trades.
Glebe 100 Opening Night (whether you attend in person or virtually), the parade, access to the back field during the Student Council BBQ, access to the school and the decade rooms, art room and history tour, Glebe at Play and the closing event.
The number of Glebe 100 Opening Night tickets is limited , so while this event is included in the registration fee, we require you to check (√) if you will be attending this event, and we encourage you to purchase your general registration ticket early.
The following special events are add-on tickets:
- Student Council BBQ, being held on Saturday on the back field. All proceeds will go toward a council fundraising project (more details to come). Price is $10
- Dance!, Dance!!, Dance!!!, being held on Saturday evening in the school. Music from across the decades, re-living good times at GCI. price is $30
- Pancake Breakfast, being held Sunday morning in the School Cafeteria. Price is $8
The Glebe 100 Registration ticket helps cover administrative costs for running this large event. The entire event is run by volunteers; any proceeds will be used for post-secondary scholarships for students in need.
The Glebe 100 anniversary weekend will be held at the school and as such the event is subject to OCDSB policies and procedures in force at the time. Please consult the OCDSB website for details closer to the weekend.
- Opening Night: Because there is limited space in the auditorium and the satellite library space, Opening Night will be live streamed so you can participate from anywhere in the world. Access will be granted to every general admission ticket holder.
- The website will host a tour of the Decade Rooms before they open and video footage during the weekend.
Glebe 100 wear is now on sale! Click here to check out the Glebe 100 merch now!
Both Glebe 100 and regular Glebe spirit wear are available for purchase. Check the link periodically as we hope to add new items over time. Let us know if you have suggestions for items you’d like to see!
Sales and shipping are handled by our supplier, Gadar. Unfortunately, overseas shipping is not available.
Glebe 100 receives a portion of sales on Glebe 100 wear to help cover the cost of the reunion. The school’s Athletic Department similarly receives a portion of sales of regular Spirit Wear to support the athletic programme.
Many thanks to Elizabeth Raoult, GCI ‘91 Alumnae, for creating a list of Room Blocks at various price points for the Glebe 100 Anniversary.
Download the PDF file here for Room Block details at 4 of Ottawa’s finest hotels.
Eventbrite accepts all major credit cards. We do not have a PayPal account. If you are unable to pay by credit card, complete the order form in PayPal, print the form and send a cheque payable to Glebe Collegiate 100 Anniversary to the school at 212 Glebe Ave, Ottawa ON K1S 2C9. Note that tickets are available on a first come, first-served basis.
The order form asks for their grad year.
Enter the Grad ticket holder information first, including their year of graduation. Add the guest information second, using the grad year of the spouse/partner.